MacBook battery "replace soon" covered by warranty?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macsarethebest, Feb 11, 2010.

1. macsarethebest macrumors regular

I have a black macbook that is under warranty, and my computer is telling me I need to replace my battery soon. Is this covered by applecare? i really don't want to buy a new battery. :eek: thanx-

2. bsblvnv macrumors regular

If the battery fails Apples test, and your MB is still under apple care then yes it is.

3. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

I have Applecare and my battery failed, well went suddenly down from 87% capacity to 17% over a few weeks......the battery was 13 months old and had 373 charge cycles on it....

I called Apple on Tuesday.....took an hour or more explaining my problem to 4 different people in the US and Canada......and in the end i was issued with a replacement battery.....its in now charging, Fedex dropped it off about an hour ago......

So yes they will replace a faulty battery, but you have to go thru all the tests and such to prove to them its a fault in the battery........and i think having Applecare helps......

4. macsarethebest thread starter macrumors regular

cool-what exactly did you do to get a new battery? call applecare?

5. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

Yes that is what i did.....i live a long way from an Applestore, so they sent the battery to me......

6. macsarethebest thread starter macrumors regular

sweet-thanx chums

7. wwjd82 macrumors newbie

Apple call center is rubbish. I call them and ask them for replacing my macbook battery they tried to use delay tactics to me.

1st refuse to repair my battery, 2nd say my apple care is invalid and then say my apple care registration is invalid and want me to send in the web order or registration code again.

For goodness sake, it's like already my 3rd or fourth repair and in my last year of apple care.

My cycle count: 1356

1st time call they said need to get the battery back and call again. 2nd time call, technician not there. 3rd time, juz now i call, they refuse to get it repair.

All i can say is apple product is good but service hotline is sux to the max..