Macbook battery sat now not charging

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by trsblader, Jun 21, 2013.

1. trsblader macrumors 6502

Before anyone says it, yes I know this is bad, but it's a little late now.

Basically my white unibody 2008 macbook sat for probably 2-3 months in my house without me using it or charging it. Worked just fine before this, and I can't remember how much of a charge it had when it put it in storage (knowing me, probably 100%). Now the battery indicator doesn't work (doesn't even flash the single green light), and the battery won't take a charge. The power adapter is fine, but to verify I've tried 2 other known good chargers.

Basically, is there any chance to getting the battery to charge, and if so, what can I try. I'd like to keep the laptop for random use around the house, but not if it requires me to buy new parts. Not that I'm cheap, I simply have other, newer devices that work just fine for random use. The laptop worked 100% fine until I put it in storage, and it would be a shame to waste a perfectly fine computer (minus the battery issue).

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

How long have you left the charger connected? Some devices (not sure about MacBooks), if completely flat, need to "trickle charge" for 30 minutes or so before they'll start "properly" charging.

3. trsblader, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013

trsblader thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried for about an hour, however I was using the laptop the hole time. It maybe sat by itself with no load for a couple minutes most.

EDIT: I guess I should have made the title "Apple batteries suck, Microsoft is better" and I'd have 30 pages of people offering suggestions to fix mine, or at least telling me it's dead for good....pretty pathetic