Macbook Battery

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jnguyen4, Apr 13, 2009.

1. jnguyen4 macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

Ok. I have had my Macbook for almost 3 years now and I'm on my third battery. The other ones died and Apple was able to replace them for me because of my applecare. Besides that, I have a couple questions:

1. I know some people on these forums say that it is ok to keep your computer plugged in all the time but just calibrate it every month. And it is not recommended to charge and fully discharge every cycle. However, my friend has his Macbook for about 2 years and he fully discharges it everytime and he never leaves it in the charger after it is fully charged. His battery is still at 100%. Mine is at 90% now. So is it recommended to full discharge?

2. Since i am at 90% now, is there anyway that i can increase that percent up again?

Please don't be sarcastic with me and tell me to search the forums, because I have.

Please don't try to google it for me. I thought this place was actually useful until I saw serious people looking for help and smug people googling it for him. Personally, I think that is pretty lame. Thanks in advance for the people that actually DO help.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'd say that's more due to good luck than never leaving it plugged in.

No.

There are reasons the regular forum members tell people to search. It helps them find answers to their problems faster than waiting for a response. It saves on server space by reducing the number of duplicate threads and posts. If you think it's "pretty lame" then you must not really understand the mechanics of running large, database-driven CMSs. Stick around a while and you'll see that the same threads pop up on a daily basis- it gets tiring.

4. jnguyen4 thread starter macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

ok thanks. i appreciate the response. i do search the forums before posting. that is why i haven't posted much. because all my questions r answered in here. sometimes the threads contain many pages and some people don't have enough time to search through the pages. i see where you're coming from.