MacBook battpitt battery cycle question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kalhawari, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Kalhawari, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013

Kalhawari macrumors newbie

Hello

So my MacBook Pro of 4 years had a terrible battery life and so I decided to buy a new battery off amazon for 58$ with tax and shipping fr a company called battpitt. So it's an imitation.

When I first got it, it had
    1 cycle at 97, I did the usual routine displayed on apples site to get it to 2 cycles.

This is fine except I've noticed that I've got 4 cycles already and I haven't drained the battery at all. Is this normal? Battery cycles I've noticed arent necessarily 100 to 0 so I just wanted to know if
    I should have it more plugged I'm or just enjoy my battery. Thanks

Also it lasts only max 4.5 maybe 5 hours but on average 3, I think same as my original apple battery so is the battery life a limitation on my computer ?

----------

The battery just so you can have a look and make a note of

http://www.amazon.ca/Battpitt-trade-Notebook-Replacement-Aluminum/dp/B004BJJU3Y

----------

When I'm using the battery during the month, should I always keep it charged ? Because once a month i have to charge to 100,
    Keep it charged for 2 hours additional,
    Then drain to 0

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I wouldn't trust or recommend any non-Apple battery, due to the number of problems reported with "knockoff" batteries. Also, there is no assurance that knockoff batteries have the same charging technology that Apple uses, involving the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the Mac's logic board.
    Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy.
    If you're referring to calibrating a removable battery, see the CALIBRATION section of the following link for complete instructions.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.