Macbook better than MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aditghai, Jan 13, 2008.

1. aditghai macrumors regular

aditghai

Hi
    I'm in kind of a dilemma of which Laptop to buy.
    1)I like bigger screen's because i'm used to a 15.4 inch screen so the MBP wins in that area.
    2)I have used both of them, but somehow i feel that the trackpad of the Macbook is smoother than the one on the MBP-->anybody notice that?
    3)Also, i am just going to use the computer to download movies, internet, iChat, Skype, Word, Excel, Internet Surfing and thats it.

So which one do you recommend.
    Money is not a problem, so what do you recommend?

2. Sceneshifter macrumors 6502

Sceneshifter

MB mate, without a doubt, use the money to buy the new toy they release after MWSF ? :-D

3. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

You would be well served by the MacBook, but I suspect you will miss the larger screen you have been using ... therefore, go with the MBP. Remember ... every model has something lacking.

4. PMR macrumors 6502

PMR

I'd go Pro :D

5. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

If you can afford it and want a larger screen then it's the Pro, without a doubt.

6. amusiccale macrumors 6502

Maybe for the price of the pro, pick up an iMac and a macbook for when you need mobility (on refurb).

7. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

Since you say money is no problem, go for the pro.
    However, for what you are using it for the 'MacBook' would be fine, but if you want to spend extra on the screen size, do it.

You know you want to! [​IMG]

8. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

My vote goes to the MB and possibly an external monitor for home.

9. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

10. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

instead of the hassle of two computers, maybe a macbook with an external display would better suffice.

11. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

you have zero need for a macbook pro. I've used both and various other 13-15 inch laptops.

You are really going to get used to it quite fast...and with the money you save you can get a big external monitor. The macbook is also more portable etc.

I love macbooks. I'd love to get a macbook.

Only reason I would not is because of games.

12. chriseh macrumors newbie

13. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

it sounds like you'd like the MB. personally i like MBP's keyboard more, but MB's magnetic "latch" > MBP's latch.

14. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

A Macbook Pro would be a bit of an over kill if you dont need the graphics card, a larger screen is nice but you do get used to it quite quickly. A Macbook would be just fine for your needs, so thats what I'd go for.

15. aethelbert macrumors 601

All you're really getting for the hundreds more that you would pay for a pro is the bigger screen. Just get the macbook, it will be a great computer for what you're going to do. Just because money isn't a problem doesn't mean that you have to spend as much as you can.

16. munckee macrumors 65816

I'll add another vote for the Macbook + an external monitor (and extra ram perhaps). I use my macbook for heavy design work (2D) and it functions great. At home it lives hooked up to a 24" monitor. On the road, its smaller size is a plus. Best of both worlds, IMO.

17. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

18. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I'd get a MBP. It has a larger and better screen, is made of metal that looks reeeeeeally cool, has backlit keyboard! :cool:

19. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I have both (well, the MacBook is my dad's, but I've used it extensively), and to me, the Pro is definitely a much better machine.

Get the Pro, the trackpad is nicer, along with pretty much every other part of the computer...

20. 7031 macrumors 6502

Yeah. At first I saw it as a gimmick, but it is so useful. Even in a lighted room sometimes. I can't believe how much it helps, even though I'm a touch typist.

21. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Definitely. I also thought it was a gimmick, but I really miss it when using the MacBook in the dark (which happens every now and then). The backlit keyboard is great when I'm on stage too...