Macbook (Black) Keyboard vs. Macbook Pro Keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Project-79, May 3, 2008.

1. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

Which one, in your opinion, would be easier to type on for 6-8 hours a day?

Thanks!

2. MacAodh macrumors regular

I've never used a mac pro for that long but I know the type of keyboards and i much prefer the macbook keyboard. Far easier to use

3. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I personally much prefer the new style keyboard over the 5 year old version. Anyway, it will only be a matter of time before the MacBook Pro gets updated to the current style.

4. mavherzog macrumors 6502

I prefer the MacBook keyboard over the MBP keyboard by a mile! (and I am quite particular about my keyboards)

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I actually like both. I started using my MBP last July and was used to it very quickly. Bought a MB about a month ago and wasn't sure I would like typing on it but became very comfortable with it in a few days. There is very little difference between the two. It did take a while for my eyes to adjust to all that black on the MB.

6. TSE macrumors 68030

I like both. I make less errors with the MacBook Pro keyboard, but the with the MacBook I could type hours on end before my fingers started to get cramped. The Pro keyboard also looks better and less like a toy. I find the backlit keyboard in the Pro really awesome, but I could do without it.

Overall they are about the same.

7. MacAodh macrumors regular

I do miss having a backlit keyboard though your right, small thing but nice

8. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I use the aluminum keyboard at work and I think it is more like the macbook keyboard. I prefer the macbook pro keyboard. The keys seem all one level and flat if that makes sense. The macbook keyboard has raised keys and look cheap, like my old tandy color computer (exactly like it actually). I really hope they do not change it.

- James

9. Meldar macrumors regular

Meldar

I actually prefer the black MacBook's keyboard. I've used MacBook Pros several times in the recent past and can't say I was all too impressed with the surprising difficulty I had finding a comfortable position in which to use it - the black MacBook just seems easier.

10. mox123 macrumors 6502

i had the powerbook 15" for the longest time before getting a macbook replacement. after 7 months, i sold it and got myself back to the 15" form factor with the old-style keyboard....

i absolutely do NOT like the new-style keyboard....it feels much cheaper and is also noisier when i touch-type...too plasticky if u will....the clicking sounds of the macbook keyboard actually reminded me of my ancient dell before the powerbook

I jumped on getting the penryn MBP for the very reason that i would NOT want a redesigned MBP case that will most likely come with the new MBA-styled keyboard...

11. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

MB-style is much more comfortable for me.

But I love the backlighting in MBP... I wish MBs had backlit keyboards as well, like the ones on MBA.

12. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

I have been using a PowerBook G4 12'' recently. Nice machine, but I still prefer the MacBook-style keyboard. The MacBook keys has more tactile feedback than the old PowerBook.

13. anirudh macrumors 6502

I like the macbook keyboard.. but it would be great if there would be a white backlit keyboard on the blackbook... Just aesthetically appealing, nothing to do with functionality ;-)

14. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Having used both because I have a black MacBook and my dad has a MacBook Pro, I much prefer the MacBook's keyboard. It feels really sturdy to type on which is a plus and it does not feel flimsy at all. :)

15. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

I've used both fairly extensively and I find the MacBook Pro keyboard far less tiring to type on. There's not enough travel in the standard MacBook keyboard and I find that it aggravates the arthritis in my hands...

16. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

MB/Aluminum keyboard. I used to make mistakes on the MacBook Pro Keyboards and would have to keep looking at the keys so i didnt mess up but i make less errors on the macbook/aluminum keyboard and find myself rarely looking at the keys as i type since the keys are well spaced out for my fingers to find them easily

17. khunsanook macrumors 6502

khunsanook

18. jstad macrumors regular

jstad

Hands down I prefer any macbook keyboard over any other keyboard out there including the alum. keyboard. It has the best feel for touch typers.

19. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I prefer the MacBook's keyboard. Plus, since I have a similar keyboard on my desktop machine, as does my wife, it makes going back and forth very easy. Only one keyboard "feel" to be accustomed to. Now if only I had one for the PC I use at work...