Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBookie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
Okay, I know this has been discussed in numerous threads in the past...but

For those of you that purchased the Black Macbook, aside from the HD bump, do you think it was worth the extra $$?

Were you to do it over again would you get the blackbook?

What do you do to keep it looking great and deal with all the reported greasy smudges, chips, and scratches I've read about in past threads?

Sadly few things have caused me such a right brain left brain schism. I really really like the looks of the blackbook, but paying $125.00 (factoring out the HD bump) seems a bet excessive.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I think the white ones look better. I have a white one and my roommate has a black one. The black one definitely shows more fingerprints and such, and generally looks grimier. I also don't like that all of the attachments, like the power cord, any video adapters, etc., don't match the black 'book.

LaMerVipere

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Chicago
I much prefer the black to the white, but that's just me. I also think it feels better in the hand, all matte and OOOOOH. Oh well.

2hondas

macrumors regular
May 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
TO me, its not worth that extra money for 40GB more of HD and black... I can upgrade my white to 160 GB and still have $100 or so left over.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
this is really a question you have to ask yourself, not us. but if i were interested in spending $1499 on a black macbook, i'd actually look into the possibility of getting a refurbished macbook pro. you can get a pretty decent c2d for not that much. then again, you can also get a black macbook for cheaper as well. again, personal preference.

i sold my macbook a couple weeks ago, but i'd get a white one if i were to buy a macbook again.

stainlessliquid

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2006
I would rather get a white one, the black one looks too much like an IBM and that big bright white apple logo is really ugly, makes it look like a toy.

sm0

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
Wellington, NZ
Well IMO if you have to ask the question, it probably isn't worth the extra $.

I owned a white (yellow) MB before this blackbook, but the colour wasn't a deciding factor. First time I bought what I could afford, this time round I wanted change.

Black looks amazing.

Jarcrew

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
Cardiff, Wales
I have the black MacBook. To me it was worth the extra money because I prefer how it looks. And I actually prefer the fact that the cables aren't black, I think the white cables look fine.

Fingerprints? Whatever, it's a laptop. If you can't get your hands on it then what's the point, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.