Macbook - Blank Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by domakiyip, Apr 20, 2008.

1. domakiyip macrumors newbie

I had my macbook on with a white blank screen today, couldn't get to the login dialog box but the fan is running. When I press the power button the screen turns black immediately, and it turns white again in 3 seconds when I press the power button again.

I'm a new mac-user and it's the first time I had problems with a mac, so I took a pc laptop and tried to read on mac forums and that's why I'm here. I already tried the option + apple key + p + r / option but it didn't work.

However after I tried a few times, a blinking icon of a folder with a question mark on it appears in the middle of the screen (the screen is still white). Does anybody know what it is and what does it mean?

I wonder if I must take my macbook back to the store for repair or if there's anything I can do with it....

2. MacDaddy08 macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

Take out your batter and disconnect the power adapter. Then hold down the power button for 5-10 seconds. Connect everything again and see if the same thing happens. If you are getting the folder with the question mark that means it can't find your hard drive to boot from it. Means the hard drive could be bad or it could be much worse than that. If it is still under warranty I would take it to the Apple store before trying anything to drastic.

3. mookalina macrumors newbie

I'm having this exact problem now... I know this is an old thread, but if you happen to see this, what did the problem end up being?