MacBook Bluetooth not working.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by destere, Dec 15, 2009.

1. destere macrumors newbie

The Bluetooth on my late 2008 Unibody MacBook suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

My mouse is the only thing I use Bluetooth for, and it works perfectly with my iMac - so it's not the mouse. All looks fine - no error messages and that. It can find the mouse, but it either wont connect, or it will say its connected, but nothing works. This is the case for both Mac and Windows on Bootcamp.

I first reset the PRAM, and it solved it. When I booted it up the next time I used it, it went back to the way it was. I took it to the Apple store and the Genius hooked my MacBook to one of their portable HD's and the Bluetooth worked instantly. Back on my hard drive they then deleted com.apple.bluetooth.plist and restarted, which solved the problem. When I got home and turned it back on, it again went back to the way it was.

I was wondering if anyone else knows of this problem and a possible fix. I've looked around and I can't find any problems like mine.

I'm also thinking of seeing if a full wipe and reload works before going back to Apple.

Any thoughts?

2. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

Instead of going back to Apple. Try resetting the SMC. Works for me before.

1. Shut down your laptop
    2. Remove the Battery
    3. Disconnect the AC adapter
    4. Press the power button for 5 seconds
    5. Put everything back into place
    6. Turn it on and voila! Bluetooth!

3. destere thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't do it for me... :confused:

4. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

Odd.

I guess something is wrong with the Bluetooth internals. Take it to Apple.