MacBook body vs MacBook Pro body

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by altecXP, Mar 5, 2011.

?

Do you love the MacBook body more than the MacBook Pro body?

1. Yes, I love the MB body

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. No, I prefer the MBP body

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. altecXP macrumors 65816

Just wondering, how many people here bought their MacBook just because they like the MB body over the MBP body?

Or how many have a MBP but only because of the backlight or FW800 and wished they had a MB?

Yes = You live the MB body more.
    No = You love the MBP body more.

2. Weiser878 macrumors regular

I went into the Apple store all prepared to buy a Pro, but the salesman talked me down to a White MacBook (October of 2010).

I don't have anything that needs firewire and don't own anything that takes SD cards. I was mainly interested in the backlit keyboard since I use it in a dark room mostly and the 4GB of memory.

He suggested, and after use I'm inclined to agree, that the white keys lit from the screen are easier to se than the backlit black keys, and for the $200 in price difference, I could upgrade to 8GB RAM from a second party vendor (he even gave me the # to an authorized Apple repair center in town that would do the upgrade for me so that my warranty would remain intact)

I now have a white MacBook that does everything I could ever want and more that's faster than a MBP and still saves about $20.

I scratched the polycarbonate cover the first week I had it and returned to get a neoprene slip case. Otherwise, I actually prefer the non skid surface on the bottom to the little "feet" that the aluminum bodies have.

I'd sure love to have one of the 11" Airs though.

3. pullman macrumors 6502

pullman

I like my 2008 alu unibody Macbook :p

Seriously though - I am considering the MBP and had a fleeting thought of going with the MB but then threw it away, not only due to the body but also to other customization options which I need and which the MB doesn't have.

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

RAM is user-replaceable and doing it yourself does NOT violate your warranty.