MacBook Boot Camp Assistance

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hpsauxe, Aug 11, 2010.

1. hpsauxe macrumors newbie

Basically I'm getting the message "The disk cannot be partitioned because some files cannot be moved". I had this message before, but I backed up all my data using time machine, erased the hard drive, did a clean reinstall of OSX first then after that upgraded to Snow Leopard and then finally used Migration Assistant to put all my files back onto my computer. How come now boot camp is still saying I can't partition the drive? I'm really confused, any help would be of great assistance on how to do it? I just want to have Vista on my computer again so I can play Oblivion! :p Thanks

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

How much free space is one your drive and how big is it?

3. hpsauxe thread starter macrumors newbie

Um, theres 40gb free and its a 120gb hard drive, I only want the partition to be about 25gb though roughly, its just to play one PC game. I have had it partitioned before, but then I had to erase it because I needed more HD space, but now since I have got an external hard drive I figured I could free up space and put Vista back on. Is the amount of free space an issue? Thanks

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I think the amount of free space is an issue here. Try getting around 60Gb free space then trying to partition it again.

5. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

Clean Install
    - Partition As Desired
    - - Install Vista
    - - - Reinstall Everything With Migration Assistant