Macbook boot time

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Poker-face, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Poker-face macrumors newbie

Well it's not a problem,but it's buggin me.
    My boot time is over a minute,but all the other macs have boot time like 30s or 40sec.Is there anyway I can improve it?

Thanks in advance ;)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Can you take a screen shot of your login items under system prefs/accounts? That may speak volumes for what is causing the slowdown. Also, define startup. Is it the time it takes from cold boot to when everything is loaded or the time it takes from cold boot to the time you see the gray apple on the gray screen (this seems to be something people get confused with).

3. Prekesh macrumors regular

Prekesh

This has been annoying me too, since i installed 10.6 my macbook takes around a minute to boot, from the time i hit the button to when i see my desktop. when i first got it, when i had 10.5.4 - it booted up in 30 seconds flat.

and i don't have anything that opens on start-up

4. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Computers slow down due to disk's getting full. A minute is nothing really to complain about. Just refrain from shutting it down as often.

5. bblrsn1234 macrumors newbie

Fastest time is about 36 seconds, but usually it takes about 48 to 60 seconds.

6. excommie macrumors regular

I've had the same problem when I took the HD out of my MB Pro (that I sold) into my MB. MB would take over 1 minute to boot. Thanks to the forums members suggestions I reset PRAM, now it boots in 35 seconds.

7. bblrsn1234 macrumors newbie

Yeah, I suggest you to reset your PRAM too like excommie said. You can do that by pressing command-option-p-r at your boot up. Keep pressing until you hear three diing sound, then let go of it... that is what the youtuber said... I tried... it didn't make so much difference. by the way, I have 10.5.8 leopard. I wish I had snow leopard like yours. :(

8. adztaylor macrumors 68000

9. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Also, make sure your OSX partition is correctly selected in System Preferences > Startup disk.