MacBook bootcamp driver problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Thetacoking2, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Thetacoking2 macrumors member

hello all, I purchased a new MacBook late 2008 on leave ( currently overseas in Iraq, so no apple stores, lol) and I installed vista, but only had the original leopard DVD with me. I installed the 2.0 drivers and downloaded the 2.1 BCVista update, but there are about 6 drivers that don't work. The display driver isn't working at all, either is the wireless or Ethernet. Any help would be appreciated

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

do you know how to torrent? download the Boot Camp 2.1 drivers here. then burn the .iso image to a CD using Disk Utility.

3. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Any chance a buddy over there has the new macbook? Or try calling apple, explaining your situation, and see if they can email you the drivers.

BTW, thank you for your service to our country.

4. Thetacoking2 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for all the responses, I'm going to try the torrent and see where that leads me. The people around here do not like mac computers, lol.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

^ haha tell them you have the best of both worlds (OS X and Windows) and that OS X is based on FreeBSD which is a form of Unix and renowned for networking and stability. also currently no viruses for OS X.

6. Thetacoking2 thread starter macrumors member

Usually though, people look at the price and it's usually over by then. I have enjoyed macs since I discovered them 2 years ago. I wanted to use it for a few windows only games, the torrent is just the same one I downloaded before. Any other guesses? I wouldn't care if I have to download each one individually.