MacBook, BootCamp & Windows XP...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LilMissMac, Dec 3, 2007.

1. LilMissMac macrumors newbie

LilMissMac

Okay, So... I activated boot camp, installed windows xp (which seemed incomplete to me, but I haven't installed xp in so long I can't remember what all it's suppose to do) and then i had issues with my mac ejecting the cd because it would just go back into the installation and try and do that all over again... so, i finally got that out... no onto my problem:

I can't get into boot camp (Windows) - How do you get into it once you've installed it? I know this is a pretty basic question, but it's been a long night.

Thanks in advance.

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Hold down the option key when booting.

Enjoy!

3. LilMissMac thread starter macrumors newbie

LilMissMac

Thank you so much... :eek: So, that worked... Now, when I do do that and it gives me options for Mac & Windows, I click windows and it says:

"Disk Error
    Press any key to restart"
    (Or something very similar to that, anyways)
    :( What'd I do wrong? :confused: Should have I formatted the partition in preparation of Windows? (I would have printed off the instruction manuel/guide if my printer wasn't out of ink)...

Thank you again, in advance.

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I rather not start a new thread for a stupid question like this.

If you install XP, it you decide to create that partition, correct?

Say in the near future, you don't want it anymore, can you merge the two partitions?

----

By the way, it looks like you need to re-install it. My cousin had some error, re-installed it and it worked.

5. TheStu macrumors 65816

After you use the BootCamp assistant to create the partition, you then drop in the Windows XP SP2 disk and format the partition to how you want it. Then, install Windows on top of that.