Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lainshi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
Hey, I recently had a problem with my Macbook right after I kinda dropped it on the top right corner.. and now the problem is that the Macbook won't boot up properly. Before the drop, my macbook was working perfectly fine with no problems what so ever.

Now, it wouldn't even boot. Rarely, I would get a successful boot with the Apple Logo showing,a chime is heard, and the question would appear after loading (because I took out the hard drive). However, the majority of the time, the Macbook just boots up, then after a few seconds or so. It would shut down on me and reboot up again. During this whole process, the screen is never lit, turned on, or the chime never sounded.

I don't know what the problem is, and I tried doing most of the software commands that would force the Macbook to boot up in certain ways. However, they don't always work because of the problem where it doesn't always boot up.

I don't know what to do about this problem, and I really do want to get to reuse this Macbook, even though the condition of it isn't that good.

Here are the specs of the Macbook (found on MacRumors)
Macbook, Low-end Aluminium
Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GHz processor
2GB ram, etc etc
More information can be found here: http://guides.macrumors.com/MacBook

Thanks for your help and comments
- Lainshi

movieboy23

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2007
Since you mentioned that you dropped the machine on the top right, my initial guess would be something got jostled around on the logic board and not the DC inboard. I would take it to your local Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Provider and have them run some diagnostics to see if the hardware is indicating problems.

Do you hear anything jiggling/jostling around inside the machine if you pick it up and tilt it side-to-side?

varunsanthanam

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
California
Locate your startup disks and/or manual and run the apple hardware test. If it passes, startup using the boot selector (option), start up from the OS X install disc. Re-install Mac OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.