macbook boots into reset password screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Rhcpcjg, May 9, 2015.

1. Rhcpcjg macrumors regular

Hi, So this morning I tried using my laptop which had been plugged in to the charger for about a day and i hadnt used since yesterday morning and it looked like the macbook was off (I never turned off my macbook) so i pressed the on button and it took a little long to turn on and it showed the os x welcome screen where you chose the language, after i chose the language it showed me an os x reset window. I turned it off and restarted it and same thing happened, so i reset the password and everything works. I do have file vault 2 enabled and i use my iCloud password to log in, also my mother in law and her sister are visiting:mad:. now my question is. does os x locks the computer once the password has been tried so many times. my guess is my mother in law tried using my computer and tried the password so many times and she locked herself out of the system or is there a chance the system crashed on its own? I tried looking at the logs but i can only see the logs starting from when i reset the password.

what do you guys think?

2. 0d085d macrumors regular

It may have restarted overnight to apply the 10.10.3 supplemental update. That took me through OS X Welcome and iCloud login as well.