Macbook, bought last week. Help me decide.

Ovs

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
39
0
When I purchased my Macbook last week I was aware of the upcoming coming upgrade to the Core 2 Duo, but I assumed it would be released alongside leopard in spring 2007.

Now I hear it could be hear as early as next week, and I'm not sure what to do.

Should I return it paying the 10%(?) restocking fee? - I've got a few days left before the 14 days are up. Seems a rather foolish gamble, but it may be 'worth' it depending on how the new chip performs.

The thing is, the rumours of the merom Macbooks soon arrival are still just that, rumours. I don't want to be waiting forever for the new chip.

I know the post sounds fussy and silly, but what with the 14 day limit for the return, and hearing good things about the new chip, it’s made me wonder.

Any advice or wise words?
Thanks
 

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
4,398
3
Nah, just keep it and enjoy it. If you sell it and there's no update, you'll be mad...it's not worth it.
 

sparks9

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2003
602
0
Copenhagen
The update to core duo 2 might be a performance increase of about 10 % (or so ive heard). So i would keep the one you bought, especially if you have to pay 10 % fee.
 

sulhaq

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2006
198
0
If you've already bought something its foolish to return it just for Merom. You've bought something now enjoy it, it isnt even certain whether Meroms will come to MacBooks anyway.

However if someone hasn't bought anything and are planning to, they should definitely wait it out. And that is why im waiting.