MacBook bought on eBay

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 76ShovelHead, Dec 28, 2013.

1. 76ShovelHead macrumors 6502a

76ShovelHead

I have have had a displeasurable experience with the A1342 2.4 GHz Macbook I recently purchased off ebay..

Seller says "Healthy Pixels" and the item I received had a dead pixel(s) near the top left corner... Also, after about a few days of use the screen suddenly went black, and I had to shut it down and restart it.. It worked again until a few days ago, screen went black, closing the lid the apple logo stayed lit, and so I tried pushing the caps lock to see if it were just the screen and nothing, no green light. I guess I will be returning it..

Not sure if I can trust ebay sellers anymore.. Apple wouldn't even give me a ball park quote for a logic board (called apple, then the retail store miles away from me.)

2. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

send it back immediately w/ tracking and insurance and signature confirmation and be sure to leave negative feedback if the seller seems like he could care less

3. 76ShovelHead thread starter macrumors 6502a

76ShovelHead

Didn't consider requiring a signature.. Done and done, should get there by monday...

Do you know if eBay will cover the return shipping? I paid 450 and was promised a full refund, and now spent $11 on shipping it back..

Also, should I wait until I get my refund to leave negative feedback? "return it as received ASAP in the same condition and you will be refunded."

4. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Don't leave negative feedback at all if you get a refund.IF and only IF you get a refund don't leave it now of course if they are just complete scammers what do you expect.A while back I purchased a a1181 macbook from a seller muza222 and it worked great for a few days and then backlight was going out so they said send it back and they would send me another because thats what I really wanted was another macbook not the money so.....they send me another in better condition I might add ,and it was working fine then two days later I get home and my wife is telling me that the macbook isn't working and sure enough it was turning on then right off so by now I was really mad and the seller offered a refund or replacement so I said just send me money for a new logic board and they did $150 and I only paid $250 to begin with.I replaced the logic board and guess what I realized the dang power button was stuck on the keyboard the whole time LOL the story goes on and on but take into consideration do they have a high volume of these going through their hands? Because if I were to test both of these machines even for 24 hours they would have passed,now bad pixels? IDK but as an ebay seller myself please just give them a chance and as I said if they are scum stick it to em!

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Some sellers have a return policy that you have to pay for the shipping on a return. It should be stated on the auction under return policy.

6. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

EBAY RARELY coveres return shipping, its similar to taking a refund back to a store, they expect you to pay for that. The negativefeeddback is only if you feel the guy was trying to pull a fast one, and you would like future buyers to know about what he did to you. Dont warn of leaving negative feedback, thats never a good idea.