macbook.. bought with win7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hamishtaylor, Nov 26, 2011.

1. hamishtaylor macrumors newbie

Hi all,

DISCLOSURE... I am PC not Mac and am turning to the light.....

IsuueI has is I recently bought a mac book on eBay, yeah whoooops, and it arrived with boot camp installed, win7 and no Mac OS. How can I fix this? ie were can I DL OS and how do I burn it so the Mac will reconise?

Thanks,

H

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

It may simply be set to boot Windows by default. Hold down the option key on power up.

3. hamishtaylor thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi. Thanks for the info but the Mac partition is blank!!

4. hamishtaylor thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so I found a nice torrent with various OsX, some software called transMac and a DL disc... installing Snow leopard as I type...

I'll be boot camping this device again once it's installed.

To help myself later I partitioned 100Gb for Mac Os and 150Gb for Win XP.

Anyone suggest anything different?

Thanks,

5. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

Initially you setup the whole disk with mac os x and only after the system is installed do you setup your bootcamp partition ( using the bootcamp assistant ).

The sizing seems reasonable. What you want to avoid is later after the fact trying to resize your windows partition it can get really ugly.

Any particular reasons you don't want to just go with Lion and win 7?

6. hamishtaylor thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll be going lion l8r but I only need xp and I own it already so no real point in win 7. I only need win for one application so not really worried about ever resizing. I actually ended up reducing the ntfs partition to 50. Most of the time I'll be in osx.