Macbook breaking batteries - Can I get it replaced?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cb31, Dec 3, 2008.

1. cb31 macrumors member

Hi,

I have a macbook that is about 10 months old so I have about 2 months of applecare left. I have a problem where the battery won't charge so I have to use the mains lead. Apple has given me a replacement battery twice now and it has just happened again so that is three batteries that have died. It is too coincidental that 3 batteries have died with the same fault, there must be something in the laptop that is killing them which worries me.

I don't want to extend the applecare unless absolutely needed as money is tight at the moment but also don't want just another battery as it looks likely to happen again. Has anyone got any idea if Apple will give me a replacement macbook or give me an extended warranty?

I am based in the UK if it makes a difference and the macbook was a refurb from the apple store. I have always treated the macbook with the upmost care and it never leaves the house. Thanks

2. cb31 thread starter macrumors member

Just in case this is of any use to anyone in the future.

The repair centre diagnosed a faulty logic board this time which they replaced and ever since has been fine. Happy now but this really should have been fixed properly the first time.