Macbook brick and DS-265W display?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gauss1777, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Gauss1777 macrumors newbie

Hi there, I hope I'm on the right forum. I'm new, actually I'm thinking on getting a last generation Macbook, maybe it would be a Pro 2.53 GHz but I have some doubts, hoping someone can answer.

I have a DoubleSight DS-265W that I'm planning to use so I'm looking for someone who has already tried connecting this specific monitor to a new Macbook. Seems hard to me to sell this monitor, so I'm hoping it would actually work as a priority before buying the Macbook.

Does it work? Do I have to buy the mini displayport to DVI or to VGA adapter? This monitor has one DVI input with HDCP support and one VGA input. It also has a cable for HDMI to DVI input. Here's the product page:
    http://www.doublesight.com/product/?idx=26

BTW. One last thing. Is there something else which I should consider before buying the 4GB-RAM model? I read somewhere that these new Macbook bricks are having issues with 4GB of RAM. I think this is because the way a 64 bit OS have to address memory when its more than 3GB.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Yes, it should work. You'll need to buy the DVI adapter and a DVI cable (if the monitor doesn't include one) and you should be good to go.

If Apple says it supports up to 4 GB, it supports up to 4 GB. I believe there was a story on here recently about a Mac's hardware supporting more memory than the firmware allows, but that was also more memory than was advertised as the machine's maximum.