MacBook Bright Spots

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KWest, Mar 2, 2008.

1. KWest macrumors newbie

I my 2.16 BlackBook has developed three groups of small bright spots on the LCD. I have read that some older PowerBooks had this problem. I took it to my local mac dealer twice to have it looked at. First I was told it was water damage and not covered under warranty. And the they said that it is stuck pixels and they are not over 8 pixels so apple would not replace the screen. I know they aren't stuck pixels because when you more change backgrounds they change colour. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in Advance

2. rogair macrumors member

It's called 'clouding'. Take it to another Mac dealer.

3. Mackan macrumors 65816

I believe I saw this problem on a MacBook when I visited a larger Apple reseller store. I could see 3 spots on the upper part of the screen, which looked very strange. So this unit actually had a defect, right there in the store...

It is a shame if they refuse to cover these kind of things under warranty.

4. xhopex macrumors newbie

this is happening to me too (also on a 2.16 blackbook). i am going to the apple store tonight to have it looked at. does anyone know what causes this problem?

5. xhopex macrumors newbie

i was told by the apple store tonight that the bright spots are "lcd bruising" from pressure on either the inside or the outside of the lcd screen.

6. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

will they fix it under warranty?

7. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Not all the time. I had an older iBook which had the same issue. I had to fight tooth and nail to get it replaced. I even had to email a certain person.

8. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

well. dont say It was SJ, but who'd you email? I do not have the issue, just curiosity.

9. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

This was an ongoing issue with this machine. It was in for repair 4 times and I finally had it. Not all the issues was the display but yes I did email him and finally got it replaced with a MB. I did keep calling and fighting with apple care because it was not pressure marks.

10. xhopex macrumors newbie

she said that there was nothing apple could do about it. right now it's just one spot near the upper left hand side that's really only noticeable when viewing the screen from the side, so i'm not going to fight it for now. if more start appearing then i will make it an issue. i don't know what "pressure" my macbook has been subjected to, but it shouldn't be happening after only 3 months of normal use.

11. KWest thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried the other dealer in town today, they said it was because of pressure on the LCD and wasn't a covered because it's "wear and tear". The funny thing is 90% of the time it sits lid closed on my desk at work hooked up to a 20". If and when it does leave me office it's in a pelican hardcase.
    I'm going to call apple tomorrow about this, and see where I get.

12. xhopex macrumors newbie

any updates?