Macbook brightness and sleeping issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Macnoviz, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

Hi, not too long ago, I posted a review about my Macbook, and the overall conclusion was positive.

However, just a few weeks have passed, and now my Mac is having some serious issues. These 3 are the most annoying, and I don't know if they are related or not.

1. Screen brightness. Sometimes, the brightness of my screen decreases and fluctuates quite a bit (it is becoming very noticeable). This seems to be a software issue, as adjusting the brigthness helps the problem (first decreasing the brightness 1 step, and then increasing it 1 step).

2. Sleeping. Putting the laptop to sleep by either closing the lid, using cmd opt eject or the Apple menu, puts my Macbook in some sort of semi-sleep, with active fan, continuous white LED and reactivating in half a minute or so. Also, closing the lid, then reopening puts the Mac to sleep (after which I can close the lid again)

3. Shutting down. When shutting down my Mac, I get a black screen, but the LED stays on and the fan still runs (and even increases in speed). This requires a shut down by holding the power button.

I have restored disk permissions, and I have no hacks, or recent software installations that could have caused this problem.

Please, help me, I really intend on keeping my Macbook for at least another 2 years.

Thanks in advance !

2. gtimark macrumors member

I have similar sleep/shut-down issues as you. My MacBook is only 3 months old. I have been unable to resolve the problem on my own.

I've yet to take it in for service since I use the laptop regularly. But, I guess sometime this summer, I'll take it in to the Apple Store. I'll post here, if-and-when, the issue gets resolved.

Best wishes with yours.