Macbook Bro Incase Shell -- Unavailable?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Julio, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Julio macrumors newbie

So I have been digging around for days about which shell to get my new Macbook Pro. After looking at Speck, Techshell, etc... I stumbled upon InCase Hardshells. Everyone gave positive reviews. I simply could not dig up a review saying Incase scratched their Macbook, unlike the other shells.

So I have decided I want the InCase Hardshell... but when I actually go to look to buy it, I simply cannot find it anywhere. Well, not the 15-inch Macbook Pro design anyway. I did find a 13 inch design, but that obviously doesn't help me.

Is the 15 inch Macbook Pro InCase Hardshell not available to the public yet? Or what's going on? I even looked on InCase's website in the product section, but no luck yet.

I need the shell soon too because I am traveling and taking my new Macbook Pro with me and obviously don't want to just have it bare. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Julio thread starter macrumors newbie

3. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

the incase hardshell for the mbp is not available yet, but is supposed to be coming out may or june i think.

4. Julio thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah! That is what I feared! :(

Oh well. It will just have to wait then. I will just baby my MPB more than usual until then.

I would buy another Shell, but I haven't found one worth it yet. Speck is supposed to be a good way to scratch your MBP. Techshell is too expensive. :(

InCase better hurry up and release this in May.

5. danvan21 macrumors regular

Incase is making a MBP hard shell case and it will be available in about 2 weeks. I know lots of people with Speck cases and they suck. I would wait for the Incase shell to come out. The ones they have for the MB are amazing and you can expect the same for the MBP case.

6. kmarketing macrumors 6502

Hi,

The incase casing may be better...

But I do have to say that my speck case has not sractched my mbp (over a year now), and it has done what it was meant to do, protect the mbp from scratches and minor dings that I may have not prevented otherwise. I know with the speck case on, I have more reassured when handling or commuting with the mbp.

It also cost me quite a bit less than what the 13" incase casing is going for.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The incase will definately be better...my Macbook loves it... However, I would warn you that they were supposed to come out in February...so this might be up on the air.

8. Julio thread starter macrumors newbie

While Incase gets it's armor out, I bought one of their Neoprene sleeves for my MPB. Should suffice for now.

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

This InCase hardshell seems far superior to my Speck. I like the idea of both opaque colors and 'hard-rubberized' casing.

10. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

11. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

12. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

The funny thing is that they have 15" Incase Hardshells in UK Apple Stores already. But not US Apple Stores? :confused:

13. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

I called Incase two days ago after June came around. The person said it will be released next week. And around a week after that for the product to be in retail stores(shipping and what not).

I cannot wait any longer... my mbp is bare naked.

14. donkeykong91 macrumors newbie

This thread was so helpful when I was looking for this case, I thought I'd sign up and contribute.

The case has just become available on incase's website.

https://www.goincase.com/products/detail/15-hardshell-case-cl57120/3

I had a problem ordering on the website. My cc security code wouldn't go thru but I just called them and ordered over the phone.

I wish the cut-out on the right side was more like the MacBook version, instead of just cutting out an entire piece. But I'll reserve final judgment when I get the case.

Anyways, thanks again for this informative thread. I just ordered a MacBook Pro and would have ordered a different, less desirable shell if I had not come across this thread and known the release of the Incase shell was imminent.

15. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

I just ordered mine too, cannot wait until it arrives. I looked at the speck cases and the Incase Hardshell, there were no comparison, the quality and looks of the Hardshell is by a far margin better.

16. bonafide* macrumors newbie

I've seen the 15 inch incase in apple stores now, check your local spots.

17. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

Oh these are available at Apple retail stores?

I think I might have to make a trip today to scope it out. That red one looks real nice, but I definitely would like to see it in person first.

18. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

They have been at the Apple Stores before the official 13th release date, according to the Genius Bar that I spoke with on Saturday...