Macbook bulge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by etoiles, May 1, 2007.

1. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

Not sure if this has been discussed already. I didn't find any thread about it, so here we go...

I have a first gen black Macbook and the left side (the area that gets really hot where all the ports are) is starting to bulge out. It is not affecting the performance or has any mechanical impact, but it is really annoying when you dish out extra money for a stylish case.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Is this something that Apple will 'fix', or is it the joke on me for buying a 1st generation product?

Just wanted to tap into the infinite macrumors knowledge base before dealing with customer service...
    Cheers

2. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

I want to say I remember someone having this issue about a year ago when the Macbooks first launched. Does it look like the top case is pulling up from the ports? If so, that is what I remember others reporting.

FWIW my MB is from May of 06 and it has a very, very slight bulge starting at the port-side left screw and ending over the ethernet port. My top case was replaced once (staining issues), and I am not sure if it was bulged before that.

3. etoiles thread starter macrumors 6502a

etoiles

That is exactly where my MB has the bulge, too... aah, it eases the pain to know that I am not the only one, so thank you :)

4. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

Glad to know that makes you feel a bit better. Apple may fix it under Applecare, but I haven't tried for that on mine. I may end up sending mine in again before my Applecare is up to attempt to get that plus some other small things, fixed.