Macbook burned me

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mac2k4, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Mac2k4 macrumors newbie

I was downloading Yosemite and kinda fell asleep. Woke up with a huge blister on my left ball. I think I just cooked my balls. Can I still produce a child or is it time to sue Apple?

2. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

556fmjoe

Not to bust your balls, but it's your fault, not Apple's.

3. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

4. Lachhh macrumors regular

You are now sterile. Tell Apple and send them all the money you would otherwise have spent on raising a child. If you think you may have fathered twins, send them twice the amount.

5. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    If you call them to report it, don't answer their questions if you do intend to sue (they'll go through a standard list of questions, such as: did the plastic melt, did you smell smoke, did you hear a spark, did you go to a doctor, etc.). It's called CYA: cover your apple as they told us in training.

I'd go to a doctor, get documentation from the doctor. If you want to go the cheap route for a small payout (doctor's bills) and are good at letter writing, demand a settlement from Apple. Otherwise I'd see a lawyer. But see a doctor before any of that. You can get a cheap infrared thermometer gun online and videotape yourself taking the temperature of the computer in the position you were in (they do go above what Apple claims). If Apple mentions their BS about not using them as laptops, show them the stock footage on their website where they show people using them as such. And regardless of whether they try to indemnify themselves by saying it's not a laptop, that type of thing tends not to hold up in court. The court would look at how a person is reasonably expected to use a product.

Sorry about your ball, btw.

6. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

So you sit/lie down in a position to have your MBP touch your thing enough to burn it?! ewwgh xP

7. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

nasty accident, but how an earth apple is responsible of you falling a sleep with a laptop on your lap?

8. andeify macrumors 6502

andeify

Send Apple a sample of your sperm for them to check

Also send them an attached picture of your injury

9. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

And I'm not sure people are reasonably expected to use a laptop while sleeping. Or an iron. Or a meat grinder. Or a car. Or a water slide.

I mean, I've been hurt by products around my house before. My first thought isn't to sue the companies that manufacture the products- it's to change my behavior to prevent it from happening again. I have an unopened package of pencils right next to me. I read the box, and it says nothing about the pencils being sharp- no warnings, nothing. Whose fault is it if I put the pencil in my pocket, sit down, and it stabs me?

Now, this all changes if something comes up such as a bad battery being the cause of the high temperature. A bad battery would not fall under expected usage conditions, therefore the guy has a case.

But I guess you're right, it doesn't hurt to try and sue. In this day and age, you can win just about anything with the right lawyer.

10. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

11. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO

Damn! You beat me to it!

12. ColdShadow macrumors 6502a

ColdShadow

I don't really think anyone gets sterile that easily.(by heat,skin burn,or impact).besides even if you somehow loose one ball,a single ball is all needed for sperm production.

13. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

The only way this could happen is if you were sitting around with no pants on, and your MBP on your lap - which is hinky in and of itself, and speaks volumes.

14. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Even then I would've thought the legs would get burned before the bollocks.

15. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO