Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
this is the first dvd i burn since i go tmy macbook 6 months or so ago, for some reason it may be just me but burning at 3x? isn't that exxxxxxxxtremely slow? or is it because it's a DVD, or is this speed just normal for a MB?

Detlev_73

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2004
Roswell, GA
Every Sunday when the Sunday edition of the newspaper adds come out, you can usually count on seeing a 100 pack of DVD-Rs at any number of retailers for about $24.99. Try getting the Memorex or the TD DVD-Rs. Never had a coaster and you can get the 16x, which will burn in about 8 minutes for about 4.3 GB.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I think if I remember correctly my MBP can only burn a DVD at about those speeds too, but the DVD's I use have a maximum write speed of 4x so that is probably why.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
my disks are 8x (memorex) have no idea how good they are i just got them from my friend, but yeah i was probably seeing as cd writing speed, thinking dvd and cd would be the same

Edit: Mad Jew you were right, cd burning is going at 21x.... like always thx guys

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.