Macbook buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steve31, Aug 17, 2007.

  1. steve31 macrumors 6502a

    steve31

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2007
    Location:
    Edmonton Canada
    #1
    Hi... I need another mac for various things at home and I want to pick up a macbook but I have some fears that it will not preform well with the new op x in oct. also can someone tell me how it handles the new ilife? Just dont know if I should buy now or later.....any rumors on a new macbook?...as for now I love my MBP. thnxs.
     
  2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

    iBookG4user

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2006
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    #2
    It should perform fine in Leopard, and it should also perform fine in iLife 08. As it is the current model so Apple will be sure to make it so that iLife 08 will perform good on their current model Macs. I doubt that I new MacBook will be released soon, maybe in 3 or 4 months or thereabouts.
     
  3. tingly macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2005
    #3
    The latest macbooks were built to work with Leopard. I bet they'll still be the latest in October, so they had BETTER work with it (along with the last couple of models).
     
  4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

    siurpeeman

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    the OC
    #4
    out of curiosity, why do you need another laptop for around-the-house stuff when you already have a macbook pro? wouldn't an imac make more sense?
     
  5. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

    APPLEFAN8

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Location:
    NJ/GA/FL
    #5
    Well, I'm buying my black macbook from delaware on wednesday so i'm not waiting lol. Once leopard comes out i'm gonna get it but i'm gonna get my macbook for HS then get the MBP for college in 2 years.
     
  6. sbluetruck macrumors regular

    sbluetruck

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2007
    Location:
    Wisconsin der hey
    #6
    oh, so your previous sig was a wish list??


    well, if i did that, it'd go against the rules/ character limit i assume :D;)
     
  7. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

    vicious7

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2007
    Location:
    Jacked into the net...
    #7
    lol...yeah, he's a bit excited and been announcing the imminent arrival of either a MBP or Black MB all over the board.

    To the OP, I don't think that the Macbook will have too much trouble running Leopard. If it did, I think that would be too much like a Microsoft FUBAR and Apple would lose face.
     
  8. steve31 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    steve31

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2007
    Location:
    Edmonton Canada
    #8
    I need one that is smaller and is more portable for "on the road" stuff. But at home I need the power of my MBP for video editing. I have a dell 1210 that I use now for the road but after having used mac os x I would prefer to have a smaller mac for my travel needs...so I gave my dell to my wife :eek:..and am looking for a replacement.:D I will never go back!!!;):D
     
  9. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 20, 2007
    #9
    Depends on how urgent it is, I guess next update they can't stay away from santa rosa and the intel 3100 graphics or something better.

    So atleast it will have a little faster gfx and 4GB ram possibility.

    But then it might take a half year until it's updated again.
     
  10. jrodatus macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    #10
    The general consensus with those who have had the chance to use the Leopard "developer preview" is that it actually runs noticeably faster than Tiger. IMO there's no reason to wait. Just because Apple upgraded the iMac to the Core 2 Extreme doesn't mean the Macbooks are close behind at all-- for Pete's Sake they've just now upgraded the Mini to Core 2 Duo :rolleyes:.
     

Share This Page