Macbook -buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by quickswitcher, Aug 7, 2008.

  1. quickswitcher macrumors newbie

    Aug 7, 2008
    OK, so here's the situation.

    I know that right now I can pay $1200 and get a slightly higher-end macbook plus an iPod touch.

    If I wait, I might get:
    -updated touch
    -price cut (the discussion about lowered profit margins for apple seemed to indicate that they would cut some prices)
    -spec increases (they almost always have them)
    -Snow Leopard

    If I wait, it might be possible to pay $900, get the lowest-end macbook (which might end up being more powerful than the current $1300 model) and buy a touch with the money I save. On the other hand, I could be giving up a sure thing with no hope of anything in return.

    I'm planning on using the macbook for gaming, multimedia, graphics, internet... basically everything. (And I know that the macbook underperforms in gaming... all I really want to do is play BattleFront II at medium specs.)
  2. CharlieKirk macrumors 6502

    Jun 22, 2008
    The updated touch won't come with a mac, the offer will have ended by then.
    Price cut - highly doubt it
    better specs - maybe
    snow leopard, maybe in another year :rolleyes:
  3. jroller macrumors regular

    Jul 24, 2008
    Charleston, SC
    Generally, I agree with CharlieKirk.

    No touch with new mac (though I expect the touch to be updated and have its price dropped)

    Price cut possible based on rumors, unlikely based on Apple's history

    Better specs -- no doubt; I look for this iteration to be the dividing point between previous models and the future ones (multi-touch, etc.) and is why I am waiting to buy

    Snow Leopard still a year out at least
  4. galactic732 macrumors member

    Jun 5, 2008
    do a search in the forum before making a post.

    there are about a million of these threads open

    look there, make a decision, stop with the repeat posts

Share This Page