Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quickswitcher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
OK, so here's the situation.

I know that right now I can pay $1200 and get a slightly higher-end macbook plus an iPod touch.

If I wait, I might get:
-updated touch
-price cut (the discussion about lowered profit margins for apple seemed to indicate that they would cut some prices)
-spec increases (they almost always have them)
-Snow Leopard

If I wait, it might be possible to pay $900, get the lowest-end macbook (which might end up being more powerful than the current $1300 model) and buy a touch with the money I save. On the other hand, I could be giving up a sure thing with no hope of anything in return.

I'm planning on using the macbook for gaming, multimedia, graphics, internet... basically everything. (And I know that the macbook underperforms in gaming... all I really want to do is play BattleFront II at medium specs.)

CharlieKirk

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
OK, so here's the situation.

I know that right now I can pay $1200 and get a slightly higher-end macbook plus an iPod touch.

If I wait, I might get:
-updated touch
-price cut (the discussion about lowered profit margins for apple seemed to indicate that they would cut some prices)
-spec increases (they almost always have them)
-Snow Leopard

If I wait, it might be possible to pay $900, get the lowest-end macbook (which might end up being more powerful than the current $1300 model) and buy a touch with the money I save. On the other hand, I could be giving up a sure thing with no hope of anything in return.

I'm planning on using the macbook for gaming, multimedia, graphics, internet... basically everything. (And I know that the macbook underperforms in gaming... all I really want to do is play BattleFront II at medium specs.)

The updated touch won't come with a mac, the offer will have ended by then.
Price cut - highly doubt it
better specs - maybe
snow leopard, maybe in another year :rolleyes:

jroller

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
Charleston, SC
Generally, I agree with CharlieKirk.

No touch with new mac (though I expect the touch to be updated and have its price dropped)

Price cut possible based on rumors, unlikely based on Apple's history

Better specs -- no doubt; I look for this iteration to be the dividing point between previous models and the future ones (multi-touch, etc.) and is why I am waiting to buy

Snow Leopard still a year out at least

galactic732

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
do a search in the forum before making a post.

there are about a million of these threads open

look there, make a decision, stop with the repeat posts

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.