macbook.. buy or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sammyyah, Mar 5, 2009.

  1. sammyyah macrumors newbie

    Mar 5, 2009
    im thinking about buying a macbook.. the current version with unibody aluminum. but seeing how apple just released new versions of the mini mac, imac, and mac pro.. makes me wonder if they are going to upgrade the laptops soon.

    shall i wait a few months or buy it?
  2. phobic99 macrumors 6502a


    Mar 3, 2008
    If you want and/or need it now, why bother waiting?

    If you DON'T want and/or need it now, wait.

  3. john0026 macrumors newbie

    Jun 5, 2007
    what are you waiting for, the CPU for the macbook and macbook pro was updates as well. check out apple store
  4. spaceballl macrumors 68030


    Nov 2, 2003
    San Francisco, CA
    I have a Penryn macbook pro (the one right before the unibody). I'm waiting for the Nehalem architecture to go mobile and then that will be when I upgrade.
  5. CSilver macrumors 6502

    Jan 14, 2009
    It comes down to needs or wants...

    I bought mine from Refurb store in end of Jan!! Yes, I needed it!

    If I didn't need it, I would of probably waited for the update...

    I love the Aluminum Macbook but hey~ there could be better one coming out!!

    So just ask yourself one question~ Do I want it or Need it? If you need it get it!! If you want it I would wait for hopefully better one.
  6. bozz2006 macrumors 68030


    Aug 24, 2007
    they WILL update the macbook. nobody knows when.
  7. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a


    Apr 3, 2005
    These are my two requirements for getting a MacBook.

    a) Rev B
    b) Snow Leopard is launched

    My 12" Powerbook is nearing it's last legs I do believe and will need a more reliable machine for school.

    I hope you can wait just like I can! But don't torture yourself, if you need a computer then get one.
  8. Eric S. macrumors 68040

    Eric S.

    Feb 1, 2008
    Santa Cruz Mountains, California
    There may be a speed bump coming for the current Macbook line, but probably nothing worth waiting for.

    The next big revision will be when the Nehalem mobile CPUs are released but that's close to a year away.
  9. rKunda macrumors 65816


    Jul 14, 2008
    That's always true. Unless we're expecting an imminent release, now is always a good time.
  10. Eric S. macrumors 68040

    Eric S.

    Feb 1, 2008
    Santa Cruz Mountains, California
    Yes, but it's more true now. It could well happen this spring, i.e., soon.
  11. 273174 Suspended

    Jan 25, 2009
    this could be a bit off the topic, but i have noticed that the apple store is currently saying MBP 2.4GHz is "new".
    is this because it started to offer the ssd options last week??
    if so, that makes me wonder, as the store is not saying so for MB 2.4GHz, which must have started to offer the same things on the same date.
    i don't think this implies MB 2.4GHz update is around the corner, as MBP 2.4GHz will also need to be updated then, to have a certain gap between two.
    but anyone, any idea why?? :confused:

    sorry for my poor english, by the way.
    english is not my native language....:eek:
  12. domcole macrumors regular

    May 17, 2008
    My Opinion

    I've waited for the Aluminium Macbook so I'm getting it within the next few weeks.

    The new revised Unibody Macbook won't be any different looking in my opinon.

    I can also purchase Snow Leopard through Apple with my Higher Education Discount so that's what I'm going to do later on in the year or whenever it's released.
  13. BayouBengal macrumors regular

    Oct 29, 2008
    MAYBE when Snow Leopard is released maybe a CPU speed bump. That's just to keep up with the market.

Share This Page