Macbook buying advice

Tritinum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2015
I need a laptop for my design school which means I have to work with adobe tools mostly. What I already have at home is a Macbook pro early 2011 with 320gb HDD, 4gb ram and hd3000.

Right now my plan is to either upgrade the old machine with 8gb ram, a ssd in the CD drive bay OR I invest in a Macbook air base model ( that's the only one available in India ) because portability is also a concern for me, the old macbook is slightly on the heavy side.

Anyway what do you guys think I should. Should I look up for option in windows as well ? my budget is 999$ Max.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I need a laptop for my design school which means I have to work with adobe tools mostly. What I already have at home is a Macbook pro early 2011 with 320gb HDD, 4gb ram and hd3000.

Right now my plan is to either upgrade the old machine with 8gb ram, a ssd in the CD drive bay OR I invest in a Macbook air base model ( that's the only one available in India ) because portability is also a concern for me, the old macbook is slightly on the heavy side.

Anyway what do you guys think I should. Should I look up for option in windows as well ? my budget is 999$ Max.
250 Gb SSD and 8 Gb of RAM and you are goin to outperform every MacBook Air with your current machine.

I've only one concern: your model could be affected by defective GPU if overheated.

Reactions: cdcastillo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.