Macbook buying - help me decide

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by i-sidd, Sep 24, 2012.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

Hia ll,

I am trying to hold off as long as I can for any announcement of MBP 13 retina in oct - nov.

My courrent Macbook white 6 years old si falling apart literally. I though I would buy the macbook pro, then got interested in MBA becuase of SSD, but then went back to Macbook pro because of more HDD space, but now I am thiking its better to just go with the 8 gb ram and 128 gb ssd.

And store pictures and movies etc in external HDD.

Is there a way to point the iphoto to the external HDD, so that when I connect any device the pictures gets saved in iphoto but not on the computer but on the external HDD.

I don't like how I have all my stuff scattered between HDD and external HDD.

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Once u make a decision to leave your stuff on an external then whether to have large on-board storage ceases to be an issue. As long as u know, ur not dragging that external drive with u everywhere u go, ur probly leave that baby at home. If u have to remember to lug the external with u, it defeats the purpose of a lightweight, pick-up-and-Go notebook.

3. torinp7 macrumors newbie

I picked up my MBA 13" 8 MB 2.0 GHZ and 512 SSD about a week ago and I'm wondering what took me so long in getting one. I use parallels for all my SAP / Microsoft work and the transition has been extremely smooth - In my opinion you can't go wrong with an MBA as long as it fits in with your needs. --- All the best -----