Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weiss

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about ordering a new C2D MacBook from the online Apple Store. But before ordering, I'd like to know what your shipping times have been. By the way, I'm ordering from the UK shop, so if any of you fellows are brits, then it would be even better.

Cheers

rushmere

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2006
New Zealand
I ordered my stock 2Ghz Macbook from the UK online store on November 8th in the evening. At the time, the store was quoting 3 days to shipping.

It shipped on November 14th, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. The order tracking suggests it flew out of China on the 17th, and expected delivery is on the 25th, but maybe it will arrive sooner.

It all seems quite slow to me!

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
I ordered my stock 2Ghz Macbook from the UK online store on November 8th in the evening. At the time, the store was quoting 3 days to shipping.

It shipped on November 14th, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. The order tracking suggests it flew out of China on the 17th, and expected delivery is on the 25th, but maybe it will arrive sooner.

It all seems quite slow to me!

My Macbook Core Duo took about 3 weeks to come, I'm pleased I didn't wait for C2D if they are only just arriving, it's nearly the end of term.

grum

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2006
I ordered a CTO Macbook on the 14th - it was meant to ship today but hasn't so far. Estimated delivery time is the 29th-30th. I WANT IT NOW DAMMIT :mad:

:eek:

Mr Ikasu

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2004
Ordered on 8th and arrived today.
Was only dispatched on 14th though.

Im in UK btw.

dturano547

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2006
I ordered mine on late last wednesday (more like thursday morning) Shipped the same day. Stock Black, no added options Had a shceduled delivery of this wednesday but fedex rang my bell at 8am this morning before heading out to work.

i live in NY

MacsAttack

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2006
Scotland
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about ordering a new C2D MacBook from the online Apple Store. But before ordering, I'd like to know what your shipping times have been. By the way, I'm ordering from the UK shop, so if any of you fellows are brits, then it would be even better.

Cheers

I have purchased three systems from Apple. While my orders were dispatched within the timeframe Apple quoted when I placed my orders the actual shipping time has not been the 7 business days that they quote. In one instance it was 14 business days, and on another it was 21 bunsness days to ship (yes - about a month).

Given the pathetic shipping into the UK that I have experienced all I can say is don't order from the Apple online store unless you have no other options.

Unless you love the agrivation of trying to guess just when your delivery may show up.

Better to look around for a UK-based reseller - which is what I intend to do in the future. At least Apple is opening a store near me next year...

MisterEd

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2006
Well I just ordered one (built to order) and it's just been dispatched in 3 days! Looking good so far...

weiss

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
I have purchased three systems from Apple. While my orders were dispatched within the timeframe Apple quoted when I placed my orders the actual shipping time has not been the 7 business days that they quote. In one instance it was 14 business days, and on another it was 21 bunsness days to ship (yes - about a month).

Eeek! That's too long!

Better to look around for a UK-based reseller - which is what I intend to do in the future. At least Apple is opening a store near me next year...

I think that's what I'll do (though I'm in Portugal at the time and the MacBooks haven't arrived yet).

Thanks everyone

imMAColata

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2006
Ordered CTO 2.0 Ghz macbook yesterday 23rd. It is supposed to ship 28th and arrive 7th or 8th of december in Denmark.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.