Macbook came back from repair with damage

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jetlitheone, Oct 27, 2013.

1. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

So I got my macbook repaired about a month ago because a speaker wasn't working right...

I get it fixed and then I realize they scratched the screen during repair. They see this and replace it.

now after a few days I looked towards the back of my macbook and I see a piece of the aluminum like warped or something on the right side of the black strip where the lcd panel sits...

And I'm pretty upset

It has AppleCare on it and they even told me and complimented how well taken care of my macbook was...

Any ideas?

2. StockDC2 macrumors regular

This thread sounds like a cry to get us on your side and then encourage you to march into the store and demand a new Macbook. Am I right?

3. jetlitheone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope. I'm sick of driving to the apple store to be honest.

4. makaveli559m macrumors 6502

I would not say that dude :/ my friend got his iMac repaired a few weeks ago and it came back with a cracked screen and also scratches and a gash on the bezel. He convinced Apple to get a tech to go to his house and they replaced just the screen but he still needs the housing replaced. The Apple Store here is pretty far, don't be mean.

5. ElderBrE macrumors regular

ElderBrE

Sometimes going tot he Apple Store is quite frightening, unless it's to buy something I'm always crossing my fingers, not to mention it's like an hour away.

6. jetlitheone thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's how I feel. Plus they look down at me a lot as if I'm not savvy or just an idiot.

7. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

Be that as it may, you're entitled to better service than you've received, and based on what you've told us you would not be out of line requesting a new computer. I know *I* would.

8. jetlitheone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I guess. I don't need a new one I'm not gonna be a jerk about it but the condition was good...

Anyways they didn't note any damage when they took it in so how does this all work?

Have an appointment for Wednesday

9. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Well, there you go then. Now... exactly what is it you are expecting? Think carefully and know this before you go in.

And I certainly would raise hell about all the trips you are making. You can do this without being a jerk.

10. jetlitheone thread starter macrumors 6502a

For them to somehow fix this (I don't see how that could happen unless they replace the shell, or worst case scenario give me a new laptop)

And yes I'm going to...

Just don't know how to approach it but I want a laptop that's in the same condition as I gave it.

Somehow I feel I'll be blamed for this that's what I don't want. Cause then I'll turn into a jerk. Plus the apple store is always so packed it's quite annoying.

11. jetlitheone thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I called them cause I couldn't make it to my appointment and the manager I spoke to personally told me he was going to replace the whole top half case of the macbook because of what happened. So thanks :apple: