macbook capabilites

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by MacBH928, Mar 21, 2009.

1. MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

Hello
    well my question is very simple
    since there are games that exist for multiple platforms,
    i was wondering does my 2009 macbook gives me better performance
    than my 2005 xbox 360 or not?
    This kind of information helps me to figure when buying a game, which platform should I chose.

I am hoping the macbook (not pro) wins , waiting to hear from the experts

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

The XBOX 360 will give you better performance period. However, depending on which games you want to play, they will perform fine on your MB, which I'm assuming is a unibody with the 9400m.

3. Aegelward macrumors 6502a

Ahaha.. No, i'm afraid.

The 360 is a console, games are built around it's hardware for the best performance possible.

The macbook isn't exactly a screamer, you can play a lot of good games with a good degree of performance. but don't expect it to outmatch a 360 at games like GTA4, Call of Duty 4, etc.

4. MacBH928 thread starter macrumors 68020

MacBH928

but it is 3 years ahead in hardware technology, while we see latest pc software beating out every console out there.

Is it because the macbook has weak spec? Can the Imac outperform the 360?

5. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

Well, the MacBook could kick the crap out of the 360 in word processing and web surfing. They're just different machines optimized for different task sets.

6. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Macbook is a laptop. Laptops are always poorer than desktops for playing games. They're like jewellery - small and sweet and highly expensive.

Desktops are 30x bigger and 10x heavier - there's more room for all the circuitry.

Your 360 is more of a desktop style machine - it doesn't include screen and keyboard and its own battery in a small package that you can carry under your arm.

For a laptop, macbooks are powerful work machines - I can run Windows Server 2008, Vista, XP, OSX Leopard, Photoshop, Final Cut Express etc all at the same time, which an Xbox 360 can't even dream of doing.

Macbooks aren't particularly designed for games though.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Actually it depends on the games. Source Engine games run much better on my Macs than my 360. Less framerate drops, higher resolution etc.