Macbook Case Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by japresl, Nov 20, 2007.

1. japresl macrumors member

does anyone have any advice on where to buy a case for my macbook? It's just a few months old, and getting a little dirty from where my hands rest (any advice on how to clean this?) I want a case that fits around the outside (preferably colored). If you have bought a case for yours, are you satisfied?

thanks

2. Thrawn macrumors member

As far as a case... Here is a macrumors guide.

And about the dirty look where your hands rest... that would be from sweating while using your macbook. To protect your macbook from that, you have two choices. 1. You can stop sweating;) or 2. You can buy a protective sticker-like palmrest product that matches right in to your macbook for around 20 bucks. I'll go and see if I can find the link for that.

3. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

The guide does not include the Case-Mate Signature Suit. Protection that stays in place even when you are using your MacBook. Looks great, too.

4. iLukeisamazing macrumors newbie

Booqbags? Does anyone have a solid opinion on these things? I'm going to be traveling to hither, thither, and yon, and I need a solid pack. I have read incredible things about these backpacks, what is everyone's opinion?

Too expensive? Great price?

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I bought a speck case at the recomendation of a few people I know personally and I love it. I already got my 50 bucks worth out of it when my sisters kid ran a pair of scissors along the outside. Without it my wife's macbook would have been trashed.

Cleaned the inside between the speck and macbook once and the macbook was just as pristine as the day I bought it.

I got her the aqua one and it looks great.

6. japresl thread starter macrumors member

what website did you order it from? Because the ones that I am finding are $150 and $50 sounds much better

7. MrTattoo macrumors newbie

There is a cleaning solution which you can purchase in the Apple store. I do have some myself and it was quite expensive. However most of the time i clean my Macbook with a cloth that has been dampened with Methylated spirit {most opticians use this to clean the lenses of spectacles,that's how i discovered it} and my machine looks like a new penny once i've wiped it over and it has not harmed the Macbook one iota,in fact it is always in pristine condition. Of course there will be people out there who will say not to use this as it could be harmful to the plastic but then they will probably want to sell you an expensive product that would claim to work Miracles and s--- wonders. Just go carefully with the Meths and just use the dampened cloth and i hope you'll be back here saying how Great your Macbook is looking!
    As for a case ,i use a Foofbag,it's not fitted to my Macbook but it's a neat and good looking protective sleeve and the people at Foofbag offer a Great customer service with a quality item in a choice of different materials {i have the blue whalebone which is nice} and when i'm using my Macbook it sits on the case so it's protected from whatever surface i am using to work on.

8. japresl thread starter macrumors member

wow. this worked perfectly. my macbook looks brand new. thank you SO much :D:apple: