Macbook Case/Cover?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rauly Fingers, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Rauly Fingers macrumors newbie

HI all!

Ok, I just bought my first macbook. :D Now I need some recommendations on a case and some sort of cover for my macbook. For the case I would like something with good padding, but not bulky, just enough. And for a cover..is there something like a plastic film I can buy to keep it from getting small scratches? You know something to protect the outside? I will be using it for school and DJ purposes, so I hope there is something that wont retain to much heat. any suggestions? Thanks in advance!:)

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I bought the wife a spek case based on recomendations from co-workers and friends. IF YOU FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS (all caps for those who don't) it works great!!! Already paid for itself. The spek case cover has a good scratch from something (the wife won't say what) and had that been a peel-on or stick-on cover or for that matter a soft cover the MB would have a nice gash in it already. Since it scratched the spek case the MB still looks in pristine shape.

4. T-Stex macrumors 6502

If you're looking for a sleeve for transporting your laptop, I'd go with the Booq Vyper (www.booqbags.com). I recommend Booq all the time, because I think they make some of the best products out there.

5. Rauly Fingers thread starter macrumors newbie

6. hiloart macrumors newbie

a great case!

snapcatalog.com makes great thin, padded cases with or without a shoulder strap. Thin like a sleeve, waterproof, and handles! I use mine everyday.
    hope that helps!

7. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Wife's been using hers since before thxgiving last year as have others I know (the ones who recommended it) and it hasn't scratched their MB's, my wife's looks just like it did when I bought it for her. Those that complain probably didn't read the instructions that came with it.

To each his own. Ours works beautifully.

8. Rauly Fingers thread starter macrumors newbie

Have you tried to take it off yet? I think this is when people experience the scratching.

9. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Your supposed to periodically take it off so yes, we have taken it off, put it back on, taken it off.

You MUST remove it from time to time to clean between it and the MB cover. It says so in the instructions. It's not an air-tight, install it and forget it solution.

I have taken it off just fine without scratching the wife's MB.

The reason I didn't get a "stick-on" solution is that it only protects where it's 'stuck' on and it won't protect against some (God willing) huge scratch that might go through it. The Spek case will.

Again to each his own. Ours works great and we just showed it to the Apple store guy earlier because another customer had questions about it while we were there and 2 people that looked at it agreed it looked good.

Oh well... guess I made a bad choice :p