Macbook case cracking, some Keys don't work........

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by irishlax628, Jan 1, 2010.

1. irishlax628 macrumors newbie

Macbook case cracking, some Keys don't work and my backlit screen when i tilt it goes black. If i return this will they fix it or will they just give me a new macbook?

2. fluffyx macrumors 6502

They should fix it, not replace it. Is your computer under warranty? Did anything spill on the keyboard?

3. irishlax628 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. fluffyx macrumors 6502

Apple will happily repair it free of charge unless there's liquid damage or other accidental damage. Good luck! Call 800-APL-CARE or make a Genius Bar appointment to start your repair. Don't expect an instant fix, the screen blanking out is a complex issue.

If the problems aren't covered under warranty, other repair companies (like us) can fix it for a lot less than Apple's $755.

5. irishlax628 thread starter macrumors newbie

if i send it to u wood i get in trouble because i have limewire music on there?

6. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

make a time machine backup and then delete said music :)

7. irishlax628 thread starter macrumors newbie

but they can figure out if u had illegal things on there, it happen to my cousin and he was fined like 2,000 dollars

8. irishlax628 thread starter macrumors newbie

and i might send it to this guy unless hes linked with apple

9. fluffyx macrumors 6502

I don't condone illegal downloads. However, we respect your privacy and we never search through the files on customers' computers.

That's unfortunate what happened to your cousin. I personally don't know any Apple Stores or Apple-Authorized Service Providers who do things like that, but I suppose they're out there.

Good luck! Call or email if we can be of service.