MacBook case issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stark2051, Jul 8, 2007.

1. stark2051 macrumors newbie

Howdy---

I got my white MB in early May, about a week ago I noticed a small fissure underneath the left palm rest. It doesn't look as though it will cause much harm, but I am not sure. I know this has been talked about more, but I couldn't find anything about it. SO, is this covered under warranty or would I have to pay for a repair/new case/new computer? I do not have Apple Care, so yeah, this could be fun! Thanks for the help

Later

CJ

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

From what I understand, it's caused by the stress from the magnets that keep the MacBook closed. You should take it to the Genius Bar and have them look at it.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

What does a "fissure" look like?

Anyway, don't worry. You have a 1 year warranty, and I'm sure they'll fix it for you when you explain to them that you received the MacBook with this defect. :) I have had the top (light-grey) keyboard cover replaced twice on my old CD Macbook. My new C2D MacBook is fantastic. :)

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Do you have a picture?

Generally, if was caused by a defect, rather than accidental damage from the user, then it will be covered under warranty. ...This decision is up to an Apple Genius, so I would make an appointment at your local Genius Bar.

5. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

Take it to the applestore before it gets bigger, and yea it's covered by warranty.

6. stark2051 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick help and responses! I will be at my Apple store tomorrow, thanks again!

--CJ