MacBook Case, Sleeve, Shell

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by theironist08, Oct 13, 2008.

1. theironist08 macrumors regular

**First of all, there's absolutely no need to come on whingeing about this already been posted. I want to start a new one..**

So, just looking for a case/shell/sleeve for my macbook 13" to put into my bag. I am in college so I'd need something small, light and practical..
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

2. theironist08 thread starter macrumors regular

also I should have said.. my price range would be anything up to $80.
    Looking for something really durable and with thick protection.
    Not sure how thick the incase sleeve is..

3. pinkinthecity macrumors newbie

I originally purchased the Incase's 13" Neoprene Sleeve because I really liked the way my MacBook still looked compact in it. However, after toting it around for a week on campus, I found it extremely inconvenient as I had to tote my huge backpack along to carry the adaptors and everything else around. I went back to the Apple Store and gladly exchanged it for Incase's 13" Nylon Sleeve Plus (http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/13-nylon-sleeve-plus-cl57071). The great thing about this bag is it still protects the MacBook with the faux-fur lined interior, but it has exterior pockets to carry the little essentials along to class. Now, I just carry this bag with my essentials and nothing else when I attend my lectures. As for a hardshell case, I did consider purchasing one, but I was talking to an Apple employee who told me that it is easy enough to snap it on, but when you want to snap it off, it would be so much of a struggle that you could end up scratching the exterior. I really value the slimness of my MacBook that I figure I would live without that much protection. However, if you are opting for a hardshell case, I would have to recommend the Incase's Hardshell Case. I thoroughly compared and reviewed both hardshell case by Incase and Speck, and I found that the reviews on Incase's Hardshell Case to be far superior. In addition, there have been many complaints about the Speck case scratching the exterior of the MacBook from particles trapped in between.

Good luck!

4. marvel2 macrumors 6502

When I was in school, I just used a the incase neoprene sleeve inside my backpack. Worked well with books and other materials. Not bulky or heavy.

5. tehFish macrumors newbie

6. theironist08 thread starter macrumors regular

I'd actually love a backpack with a good notebook compartment, but I've noticed especially with eastpak and jansport that there is poor padding :(

7. jamays00 macrumors member