Macbook case

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by secondsteven, Dec 31, 2008.

1. secondsteven macrumors newbie

Can i return a speck case that i bought online to apple??

2. weezite macrumors regular

If you bought it from Apple.com then sure. As long as you present a receipt from your web purchase to the retail store, you should have no problem.

3. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Yes. You can..Like what the above user had said. Just have your receipt with you and return it to apple.

4. killasapo macrumors member

killasapo

ahhhhhh WHY????

i have the satin see thru case and it's awesome on my macbook :apple:

5. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

I second that one! the Satin Speck case is one of the best I have seen in a long time! Just my 2 cents...

6. acron1 macrumors regular

acron1

I am with everyone else here, I just got the black satin case and I love it.

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

DITTO!!!!

8. weezite macrumors regular

I've heard the speck case gets ugly scuffs after a few weeks. I also heard that the satin is prone to getting dirty. Plus, there was no white or frosted colors, which is what I want. I bought a speck case and am going to return it as well. I'll wait for the Incase hardshell as I like their company a lot more than Speck.

9. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

I had one one my powerbook for about 6 months, no scuffs or dirty marks just wipe off the case once a week with a damp cloth. it still looked like the day I bought it when I sold the powerbook, I have had the one on my Macbook since the 24th and same thing just wipe with damp cloth, looks brand new every time! They do make a frosted red case also.

10. philosopherdog macrumors 6502a

philosopherdog

call them

I think the key is that you bought it online. You need to call them then. I returned a case I bought at Apple Canada. It didn't fit the new macbook. They said I had to ship it back to them at my own expense. I didn't really press them on it. But I ended up swallowing the $8 shipping. So, call them and see what they say. In some cases you might be able to return it to an Apple Store, but not always.

11. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Had mine for a few weeks and still looks new

Strange, I returned stuff to the online store and they paid for shipping both times. They emailed me a FedEx label, I printed it and shipped it.