macbook casing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by simpsons93, Jan 22, 2008.

1. simpsons93 macrumors newbie

im not sure how to post a question like this could someone help me pleasS?E because im trying to find out if its possible that i can change my white macbook casing into a black one

2. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Yes, you can take the guts of your white MacBook and put them in a black one. They're identical in shape/layout as far as I know. If all you have is the case for the black one, then transferring the LCD screen may be a bit difficult. I've seen photos from people that used the white MacBook LCD screen with the black MacBook bottom section.

3. simpsons93 thread starter macrumors newbie

macbook body

so what your saying is i can change the body of my macbook into a black one but i also have to change the lcd display? isnt it the same? and if not cant i keep the white one on and just make the body black? do you know how much this woudl cost?

4. Golcondio macrumors member

It's surely more expensive than putting your MB on Ebay and buying a refurb Blackbook... and you'll likely void the warranty...

5. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

As I recall, the black case costs more than the white case, so if you try buy one from Apple or a reseller, you'll b paying a lot for it, a lot more than it would cost perhaps to just buy the black version in the first place.

You could go to colorware instead and get them to paint it.

6. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Why? So you can pretend that you bought the top-of-the-line model? So when you are at a coffee shop the chicks will dig you more because your MacBook is black?

You know that it won't change the performance, right? Are you going to photoshop the 'About This Mac' window so it shows the BlackBook specs?

If you want a black one so badly, just buy one- why bother with possibly damaging the MacBook innards and totally voiding your warranty? If you're asking how to do it on this forum, you probably don't have the skills needed to do it properly anyway. But go for it dude, let me know how that goes....

Or

Go to Staples, buy a black Sharpie, and colour away.....:eek:

8. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous