Macbook CD Drive malfunctioning

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Archon Gold, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Archon Gold macrumors 6502

My Macbook's Combo Slot Loading Drive has not been working.

When I insert a disc into My Macbook's drive it spins up for about 6 seconds then ejects the disc. It's done this with any disc. even my Leopard installer DVD.

Has anyone had this problem before? I'm thinking of buying a new Combo drive and installing it but I dont want to dish out $100 on a combo drive when that isnt the problem.

2. perchfieldmbp macrumors newbie

Has anyone any ideas on this issue?

I have the same problem- just burnt 3 CD-R's with no problem, then on the forth it spat out the disk. Now when I insert a disc it spins for 10 seconds then ejects itself, with no diagnosis / explanation as to why.

MBP is 8-months old so shouldn't be having problems of this nature.

Thanks

3. hotdigitalproof macrumors newbie

Disk ejects after inserting

OK folks,,,it seems to be a common problem. I haven't got the answer either. the other forums have 2 answers. 1) clean the optical. or 2) replace the drive. I still think that it is in the software not reading any disk...So if anyone finds the secret please let us all know...Thanks

4. hotdigitalproof macrumors newbie

disk ejects after inserting

OK,,,I'm told to use a can of air before anything else,,,it has worked on a few of these MBP's

5. WannaBMW3 macrumors regular

WannaBMW3

I was having the same problems...tried this method and presto, it worked, I couldn't believe it!!!