Macbook charge problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thekoolninja, May 9, 2009.

1. thekoolninja macrumors newbie

Ok well here is the deal i don't know whether this is a problem with my charger, my power outlets, or my battery. Every time i am low on battery and i try to charge my macbook it just begins charging it and then it stops, the orange light goes on and then it shuts off and to begin recharging i have to change the charger to a different power outlet, but the problem ensues. However, if i close my macbook it charges just fine on any outlet, any ideas?

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

I'd say it's the charger, though it does seem strange that it'll charge your computer up when you sleep it. I did find a few similar reports around the net, though there seems to have been no definite answers, most threads ended with the user taking their computer back to the store. In one case getting a new charger solved the problem.
    Take it into an apple store, doesn't look like you can do much to alleviate the situation on your own.

3. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I had the problem on my 12" pb. The 3rd party authorized repair shop just reinstalled leopard, and that fixed the problem.

4. thekoolninja thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok i began testing different thing to see if it was my battery or charger. Furthermore i made some more observations on what was happening, when i remove the battery and just use the charger, it will work just fine with it on or off. Second if my battery is charged to a high percentage such as 80 or 90 it will charge just fine with me using the macbook. I am really puzzled, i don't know if i should re calibrate the battery? or anything else?