Macbook charger dim green light, sometimes!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Joelb955, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Joelb955 macrumors member

I bought this Late 2007 macbook off of craigslist, and it was working perfectly. But after a little water got mon my macbook and charger, i plugged it in and it had a bright green light and wouldn't charge. The Next day i plugged it in and it only had a dim green light, it wouldn't Start up without the battery, or run without it. Now all i need is the battery in it to start it up and it will run off of the charger, But it still has that dim green light. The charger is a little Damaged, Photo's In the attachments. My dog chewed on it a while back, so can anybody help me? This is my first macbook, And the dvd drive is not working, but i have managed to reinstall SL with USB, So it is not a software problem. We Live A Long way from an Apple Store, so i wanted to know if anybody had an answer as to what this is?

Attached Files:

2. cubeeggs macrumors member

3. Joelb955 thread starter macrumors member

No, I can't Afford one.

4. cubeeggs macrumors member

Don’t you know anyone else who has a MacBook or MacBook Pro? Hopefully it’s either the power adapter or the MagSafe board ($30 new) and not something wrong with the logic board.

5. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

The best bet is to take it to an apple store or maybe you have an authorized repair center closer. I believe you can search for these on apples website.

6. Joelb955 thread starter macrumors member

i did take it to an apple store. I WOULD RECOMMEND TAKING IT TO AN APPLE STORE!. They replaced it for free because it is a common problem.

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Lucky you. My son (1 at the time) was chewing on the magsafe end and shorted ours out. I let it dry overnight and it worked. It was fickle for about a week but it works fine now.

8. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

Generally they will replace old magsafe bricks if they come apart warranty or not.

well you should get it replaced, your just asking for problems down the road