Macbook charger getting EXTREMELY hot, smells bad.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ZebraineZ, Aug 18, 2009.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

Hey my macbooks charger, its a white macbooks charger, which is the same watts as my unibodies, is getting extremely hot when I use it on my unibody. It never was this hot and IDK why it is like this. It smellss like a hot iron when I smell it up close and I'm scared.

I'm running vista on my unibody with 2gb ram and I know that vista support is crappy for macs even with boot camp, so it gets hot alot but I don't know why its doing this. My mom is using my unibodies charger for her white macbook I know it's pretty wierd.

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

why dont you just swap them back if your so worried??

the charger is probably being worked too hard, it might burn out and stop working completely. i am not 100% sure on the power requirements of the new MB (it is a MB isnt it?) so yea...

3. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

They are nearly identical, same watt and power, just that my macbook is 2.4gzh which wouldn't matter at all, and I am using an extension cord for my macbook and not the little clip plug.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

if they are the same power requirements (60W is it?) then i see no problems at all.. the GHz difference is so minimal its not even funny.