MacBook charger slightly bent... Advice?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chipandtoast, Jan 9, 2010.

1. chipandtoast macrumors member

Today when I unplugged my MacBook charger from the wall and now the part where you plug it into the wall is slight bent almost like this. |/
    That's how the bend looks only it's less severe.
    Any idea what to do?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Or your finger.

Or if it really bothers you, the Apple store will probably give you a new plug end piece for it.

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

I don't see why they would when it's obviously not a manufacture defect but more a case of neglect or abuse since the plugs are not known to just bend on their own freewheel.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

6. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

.... Really?? : sighs: They will replace it for you. I did this the first week I hate my MBP (the computer lab one of my classes used had really tight plugs and I accidentally kicked the charger while it was plugged in on the floor) without issue. The guy looked at me funny and laughed when I showed him the bent plug, but walked into the back and quickly returned with a new one. Didn't even have to explain myself.

I mean, really, it costs Apple like what, $0.05 for one of those? They don't even sell replacements. Apple isn't that greedy that they would force you to buy a brand new charger just to get a new plug.