Macbook chipping how do i contact apple without phone

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cabbit, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

My 6 month old macbook as begin chipping away at the bottom were the stands hit the base. i need to get the plastic shell replaced how do i contact apple without a phone to get the replacement shell sent out.

2. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Try calling. It depends who you get, I always call and I don't have anymore phone support. If not go to an Apple Store :)

3. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

you miss understand i do not have a phone of any kind.

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Borrow a phone from a friend? Find a payphone? Set up a skype phone account and use the built-in mic from your Macbook?

I've done the last option, by the way.

5. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

well thoughts are some very difficult options that may be impossible except for skype. i just guessed there was a email somewhere in apples site burred somewhere unseen to me. Almost every company i have dealt with has been over email.

6. Glueeater macrumors regular

I have the same issue. Neartest official Apple Store is 100 miles away. I may try the "Mac Depot" or "Mac Mall" in my area. Who knows if they will fix it.

Does anyone know if I need to bring anything? ie receipt?

7. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

im hoping they are just able to send out the replacement shell to be honist its a very simple replacement i cant wait weeks without my laptop i got my server set up for my web developing for college. a week out can mean missed deadlines and fails.

8. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Not even a cell phone? What about a skype-out account?

9. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Don't use a mobile, skype out account has no credit. Hence i said clearly i have no phone access.

10. heatmiser macrumors 68020

You'll have to either spend money to top up your skype-out, or borrow a phone. No other ways to make a phone call...

11. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

Perhaps the thread should be titled "How do I get access to a phone"?

12. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

it's ok i contacted them this morning from the apple store with the online chat and he happily got the technical support team to email me witch i am now dealing with.

Though i must say for such a company not to have easy to access email addressees is so last century, i do no deal with phones.

I will also add i am very disappointed with the members of this forum of late, if someone says the can't do something one way don't keep telling them to do it that way. This i have noticed on my of the topics in this forum that a lot of members will keep persisting to tell the person asking for help to do something that they have already said is impossible.