MacBook cleaner?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Samelson03, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Samelson03 macrumors 6502

Well, where my palms rest looks really greasy. And, I take good care of my MacBook I dont eat near it or anything. And, it's really bugging me. So, is there any cleaner that should take the werid look away? also, I have some scratches on the top that I want to get rid of.

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

They say the "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" works for cleaning the wrist rest. I haven't tried it yet though...

Don't think there is much you can do about the outside. The plastic is polished, so anything you do is going to take a lot of work to get that polish back. You can probably work it out, but I am not sure it would be worth the effort.

3. muldul macrumors 6502

COuld you post some pics, there are different cleaners for different marks

4. Samelson03 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can live with the scratches on the top since you never see them. But, i'll definitely check out that cleaner you recommended.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Of course you can get the outside polished again. Just use Ice Creme. It got all the scratches out of my old iBook G4.

http://www.radtech.us/products/IceCreme.aspx

6. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work for me.

Unfortunately I've been out of them for a while.

You can also get the included cloth slightly wet and wipe it down with that. Just don't to that to the screen.

7. patrickmacrumor macrumors regular

Try typing with resting your palms. It takes some time to get use to it, but it's a very good way to keep your MacBook palm rests white.

8. Samelson03 thread starter macrumors 6502

My palm rest isn't like that brownish color it is all white but on certain angles you can see it kind of looks greasy like I said before.

9. patrickmacrumor macrumors regular

I did not say your palm rest was brownish :), but any contact with the surface will leave some "grease." This can happen when you use your trackpad, or when you're picking it up. I know what you mean. Prior to using an external keyboard and mouse, I used to clean the palm rest and keyboard once a week with iKlear. Now I only use a can air to remove dust from time to time.

--
    Patrick

10. TSE macrumors 68030