MacBook Clear Cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by szsiddiq, Apr 4, 2007.

1. szsiddiq macrumors 6502

szsiddiq

2. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

you can get the speck case for $40 on amazon.com and theres no tax...I think its more than worth it

3. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

watch ebay. i got my MBP clear speck case for 34 shipped to my door. (not the BIN auctions. Look for ones that start with NR)

Much better than paying upwards of 40 + shipping IMO. :) 50 is way too much for what this thing is. It really is.

the ebay one looks like a knockoff of the Speck case. (rubber feet on speck cases come already installed...and are grippy as hell).

it could be made of cheaper plastic too..but protection is protection.

a little bit of digging: http://www.made-in-china.com/showro.../China-Macbook-Crystal-Case-NBMACCAS005-.html

4. szsiddiq thread starter macrumors 6502

szsiddiq

thanks guys

Newegg has the speck cases for around $36 shipped. if i cant ebay one for $10 less, i'll probably go with them, tho is more then id like to spend on a case...grrr! tho i guess i spent almost as much on my agent 18 iPod case.

5. j5uh macrumors member

got mine from newegg... just get it from them ...

6. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

i didnt see any for $36 shipped...they're about $40 including shipping and tax on newegg...amazon is still your best bet and they have a flawless return policy...newegg's policy is questionable on most items....

anyway, I get 20% off of amazon purchases so mine would be about $32 shipped and I have amazon prime....newegg is good, but i'd rather go amazon anyday

7. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

8. BekkyNixon macrumors newbie

BekkyNixon

9. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

After reading all the stories of Speck cases causing scratches on MBP's, I would think twice before adding one.

10. Robg54 macrumors member

I have had speck cases on my MBP for maybe 9 months. I put it on the day I got it. It broke once and I got a new one.

When I took it out of the case when replacing it, I was amazed. The exterior looked brand new. I didn't get any scratches on the side. And you know what? If I did, I would say that it's a small price to pay for the majority of the external cover looking brand spanking new.

Plus the red case looks awesome:) During the day and a half I went without a case it didn't even feel like my computer any more...

11. TaylorB macrumors regular

I bought one and I was extremely nervous about using it and after using it for a few days and seeing all the specks of things that got in there (after cleaning it daily) I decided that I shouldn't use it. I just use a brenthaven metro bag and I feel much more comfortable using it instead of the speck case. What I'm waiting on is the MBP hardcase from incase because the macbook one looks great. (macbook: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4TniJxVN0oc )